Known as the Strawberry City, Marysville, Washington, is conveniently located near Seattle, the Cascade Mountains, Puget Sound and British Columbia, Canada. With a rich Native American history and stunning views, visitors of all ages can find activities to do. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Seattle’s Convention and Visitors Bureau provides information on all that the city has to offer, including activities, hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- The Highbulb Cultural Center highlights the heritage and history of the Tulalip tribe. Visitors can examine canoes, view the tribe stories in art and film and go inside a longhouse to learn lessons from tribe members.
- The Comcast Arena holds concerts and events, and doubles as an ice skating rink. The Everett Silvertips play minor league hockey in the arena during hockey season.
- Jennings Memorial Park offers activities the whole family can enjoy. The park features walking paths, ball fields, two ponds and a dinosaur play area for children.
- Kayak Point Regional County Park is a family-friendly park with picnic areas, beaches, trails and a pier. Portable, circular tents, called yurts, are also available as well as fishing from the pier.